Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Great Salt Lake

So i've been in the studio since....Saturday? Literally all day, every day...I got written up at work for skipping out in order to go to the studio...how rock n' roll am I?  -3758 points for asking that question... sorry...  Anyway, its been kinda fun. Tracking bass (my baby) and drums was chill...but vocals and overdubbing are teeeeeeedious! I dont have the patience for that type of stuff yet...i just want to be a hired gun that comes into the studio, rips the bass lines like a jackrabbit tearing at an ocelots flesh. 
       In the one hour i've been home, I've heard through my wall:
 "The Great Salt Lake" -Band of Horses, but played by my roommate
         Fucking,  Dashboard Confessional...I havent heard that in 3 years, and it was my choice. 
                Dane Cook....He was funny before he tried to turn into fuckin....umm....Adam Sandler?
Ok, so I didnt think of a proper comparison before I started ranting, but i'm applying a new technique to my blog so you can get the FULL , RAW experience that is Sebastian Tigermilk. I'm going to not use the backspace key at all...Whether I misspell something or just write something that I think is stupid, i'm just gonna keep going.  

Dashboard got me all depressed...and I heard that the singer Chris Carraba (I was into them back in 2003 remember?) is only like 5'2"...I dont think thats hereditary , I think thats a defect of some sort...Danny DeVito. He's another one...like 4'11"... yoU know who ELSE is 4'11"? Yup, you got it, Shakira...Enough about Shakira,  I promised someone that I wouldn't talk about her anymore...and She promised the same thing...its funny, we have pretty much all common interests...Not Shakira and I, the person I promised I wouldnt talk about Shakira. Its great,  we first discovered we had the same taste in music (The  Shins, White Stripes, Stars, The Beatles, Beck etc...) She's told me about a few bands that i'd never heard of which is a surprise for me because I pride myself on my eclectic mix of music...maybe not eclectic....more like, lets see...the Thesaurus is telling me that I want to say "a multitude of records" So yeah, she's showed me some good stuff which not many people were doing lately. It seems like everyone around town likes radio rock 
      Radio Rock- Nickelback, Creed, Hinder, Evanesence,  general crap, where you can actually predict chord changes and melodies in the song before you even hear it through a full song...

As I was saying, great taste in music, movies too and TV Shows...Like I said, it feels  like we share the same mind sometimes...Its odd, but in a comforting way, besides, we're odd anyway. 

So my roommate just keeps walking into my room and talking about....stuff not interesting enough for me to remember what he was saying when he came in here...usually i'd listen, but I cant do two things at once...I really cant...I secretly envy people who can listen to a record and paint or something along those lines...I cant carry on a conversation and watch TV or talk and blog...I dont even like walking and talking...not so much because i'm afraid i'll trip and fall as much as, I like to observe my surroundings.. Is that weird? if i'm walking down the street, I like to look at the peaks of houses, usually there is a tiny window at the peak which i'm guessing is located in the attic...i like to look at the peaks of houses because maybe i'll see someone or something looking back at me...i'm keeping my mind open, I hear ghosts can be visible if you keep your mind open to the idea of them existing, which I do...So I like to look in attic windows while I walk by houses...I like watching squirrels, especially ones that chase each other...I dont know...little things like that seem to be what I tend to focus on. 
          
Well i know I had more to say...

oh yeah! So this band, Microphones, I really dig them, and I found out that someone I met a couple months ago, is friends with the singer because she used to live in Portland, Oregon...I just thought that was really cool..to anyone that cares...Check out the band Crystal Skulls and Jeff Buckley if you havent already...

oh yeah, and she...the one I share brains with (i'm going to need to find a name for her...a "blog" name...thats how it goes right? Because I have the feeling that she's going to be mentioned a few times.) told me about this greeeeeaaat book  "Perfect from Now on: how indie rock saved my life"  I think i got the title right...readers and non readers alike...check it out if you know whas good for you...mang.

How did I do??

Wait Wait!! Save it because I reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally dont care!!!! :) :) yay! :) :) 


In my CD/Record player today:
The Raconteurs 
Ryan Adams      
Spoon
The Felice Brothers
Sondre Lerche

2 comments:

Victoria said...

did you finish the "perfect from now on" book???

and this girl you share brains with sounds pretty awesome :P

Anonymous said...

i can listen to music and write or study, but i'm not that BIG w/ multitasking, i mean, enjoy what you're doing and that's it.